Followers

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Overcome All Fear


Fear being a problem of the mind, is unlikely to be allayed by physical solutions. So, it is better to identify the cause of fear and then overcome it by reasoning. Being a perfectionist, I wanted things to be in order. Whenever I found things were not in perfect order, I became distressed. This anxiety increased to such a great extent during my childhood that I wrote a poem that said, “Life seems to me to be a dreadful dream.“ I have read and thought a lot about this subject.According to the law of nature, man has to live with contradictions. The world is not perfect. Once I realised this, I developed a realistic approach to life. Becoming aware that `Maturity is the ability to live with things we cannot change,' I was able to rationalise the issue and live tension-free. The solution is not external; it has to be managed in the mind.
If you can become aware that fear is imaginary and not real, your mind will be rid of fear.Fear is apparently a negative experience, but there is a positive aspect to it. Fear stimulates intellectual activity , which leads to creative thinking. In this sense, fear has an important role to play in our lives.
Fear keeps one's mind alive.Without fear, one risks descending into a state of intellectual stagnation. We have, therefore, only one option before us, and that is, to control our minds so that we may regard fear as a positive rather than as a negative phenomenon.