Followers

Monday, October 21, 2019

Chaos or Cosmos?


 Raghunath was a wealthy man. He was rich materially and spiritually. One night, he was robbed. His close friend visited him and expressed his sympathy. Raghunath said, “They have robbed me of my material wealth but not my real wealth. They have robbed me of my perishable wealth but not my imperishable wealth.” Real wealth is love, devotion and purity. With these, one will experience life differently. God gives us problems to humble us and not to tumble us. When bad things happen to good people, they become better, not bitter. Raghunath elaborated to his friend, “All the wealth that I had was a loan from the Lord. I was only a trustee. Nothing is mine; everything is His. He has the right to take it whenever he wants.” The power of detachment is a great wealth. The power of devotion is an asset. Why don’t we work for such wealth? This is because the mind has not been purified. With impure mind, one craves for impure things. With pure mind, one is committed to pure things. Mantras help us to purify the mind. Yoga uplifts. The object of yoga is to free you of psychological mess. The condition of your mind really determines the quality of your life. To a good body, everyone says ‘yes’. But to a good mind, people say ‘no’. This ignorance is adversely affecting the quality of life. Yoga is a wonderful science to dismantle this negative system and create a great inner order. When the inner world of our mind is orderly, then we will see the external order as being more orderly

Source: Economic Times, 21/10/2019